Planning for your own or a loved one’s wedding can be so exciting and yet tiring at the same time. With so many preparations to be done, planning a wedding is a huge task to undertake. From flowers to table runners, the list of practices is long. For this reason, it seems that wedding invitations can get overlooked at times. Not giving proper attention and time to the wedding invitation won’t be the right thing to do. Since this is the first impression your guests will have about your wedding, you should send out unique wedding invitations.
Choosing the perfect wedding invitation can be confusing since there is a lot to keep in mind while inviting the guests to the big day of your life. One needs to decide on so many things like the card’s theme, ways to send it, the details to be enclosed, and many more. Before we figure out how to design a fantastic wedding invitation, let us see why wedding invitations are so important.
The importance of wedding invitations
- Setting the tone: The most crucial role that wedding cards play is to set the tone for the marriage. A very sober card will lead one in imagining a similar kind of marriage. Simultaneously, an engraved invitation suite on fancy stock, tied up with a ribbon, would cast an impression of dressing up in formal attire and expecting the best at the wedding
- Create excitement and anticipation: Looking at the wedding card, one can imagine how the wedding would look. The invitation cards can be an excellent way to let your invitees and friends know that you are preparing for an extraordinary occasion, and you want them to be a part of it
- Becomes a Keepsake and a lovely memory: While not all your guests, but your close friends and family will most likely keep the invitation cards and cherish them for a long time. It will also serve as a lifetime memory for you.
We can well understand that invitation cards are a crucial task. Understanding what details to enclose in the card can be challenging. Let us figure out the information that you need to share with your guests.
Designing a great wedding invitation card
The primary purpose of sending the invitations is to make sure that your guests have the needed details. Ensuring that you send all the details, you can save yourself from all the calls that your guests would clearly understand. Here are tips that can help you design a nice and unique invitation card.
- Including the essential details: The most crucial part is to include essentials like the date, time, and location. While these are primary details, one can also consider adding elements such as dress code, transportation details, venue directions, accommodation information, etc., if needed. Making sure that the guests are clear with such information will help in ensuring smoothness at both ends
- Be clear on who is invited: Your card should clearly state who you want to be a part of the wedding. For example, if you do not like to invite kids to the wedding, your card should state only the couple’s name
- Get Proofreading: Always prefer to have at least one other person look over your invitation. This step can help you know if you missed anything or if anything written on the card does not appear promising
- Maps and Accommodation cards: Enclosing a map of a remote venue location or if the guests are not familiar with the area or in case of a destination wedding can be a good option. One can also attach accommodation cards that can include information about the hotels in the area and transportation options.
- Sending out at the right time: You will personally have a better idea of deciding the best time to send the wedding invitations. If all your guests are local, you could consider sending the invitation 3-4 weeks prior, while if your guests have to come from far away, you can even consider sending invitations six months prior.
Choosing the perfect invitation card
There are various options available for invitation cards nowadays. One can choose for himself/herself depending upon the need and budget. Some of the famous unique wedding invitations include:
- The newspaper invitation: A card designed in the form of a newspaper headlining your wedding day. Considering the space available, you can add fun articles on how you met, share details about your families, and include all the necessary wedding function details.
- Audio-Video card: This kind of card has recorded audio or video messages for the guests. It can give a more lively feel and build in more excitement.
- Photo invitations: Such kinds of cards generally have a picture of the couple from the engagement or some other photoshoot
- DIY card: These cards are made by the couple themselves or their family and mostly sent to the close family members and friends
- Sustainable cards: These cards can help you send your invitation while you care for the environment. One can digitally send these invitations and also use professional assistance in sending them.
It is not easy to choose the perfect wedding card for you with so many options available. You should always opt for the card that best represents the couple and the wedding plan. There are millions of opportunities to choose from, but you should find what fits in your life and your idea. You should spend a fair amount of time before finalizing an invitation card because of the importance it carries.Invitations, whether online or offline prove to be an integral part of making the special days and journey towards it memorable and beautiful.
Hence, you can also opt for professional assistance to help you design the perfect wedding invitation. Professionals have experience and knowledge in this field and can help you eliminate your confusion and design the perfect card for you as per your needs. A wedding planners’ services might also help you with invitation cards along with other services. You can choose from many packages that are available. They cover everything needed from wedding cards to wedding themes for a wedding function to be a grand success and to be remembered for a long time.May you have the best wedding of the year!