Looking to build a new website in 2022? Struggling to decide which CMS platform is right for you? Not even really sure what a CMS is? Hopefully this article will be able to answer some of your questions. For more detailed, tailored responses, consider reaching out to a team that provides Kentico development services.
What is Kentico?
Kentico is what’s known as a content management system, or CMS. A content management system is a type of software designed to make web development simple.
Using a CMS means you don’t have to possess in-depth coding and development knowledge in order to make changes to your website. While you might invest in Kentico development services to get your website up and running, any changes that need to be made further down the line — like updating your contact information or adding a new blog — should be fairly easy to do.
There are many different types of CMS platforms. Some are very well known, like WordPress. Others are targeted at a niche audience and may not have name recognition.
Kentico is an extremely versatile CMS platform that tends to be favoured by those working in the eCommerce space. Kentico Software was founded in 2004, making it relatively old in the field of content management systems. The company now actually offers two separate products — Xperience by Kentico and Kontent by Kentico. Your development and content management needs will dictate which platform is more suitable — speak to a team that provides Kentico development services to learn more.
Advantages of Kentico
Whether you build your website using the Xperience or Kontent platform, the advantages offered by Kentico software are much the same and include:
- Usability: Kentico is known as an extremely user-friendly platform. It’s perfect for content creators and marketers who want to be constantly updating their website but don’t possess in-depth tech skills. Back-end usability is particularly important if you are building an eCommerce website and will be constantly adding new items to your store or removing products that are out of stock.
- ‘All in’ marketing integration: Kentico is specifically designed for digital marketers and offers a broad array of online marketing tools, including marketing automation, content personalisation, email marketing, integrated campaign management, and A/B testing. Building a website using Kentico reduces the need to work with and try to integrate multiple systems.
- Out-of-the-box functionality: The term ‘out-of-the-box’ refers to software that comes directly from a vendor and works immediately when placed into service. An ‘out-of-the-box’ CMS platform is one that significantly decreases the amount of time required to develop and customise a website. Kentico is a great option if this is an important factor for you.
- Customisation and scalability: Many people incorrectly assume that a website built using a CMS platform will have a template-esque appearance to it. In reality, a platform as large as Kentico offers unparalleled opportunities to customise the UX and UI design of your website. What’s more, Kentico makes the process of scaling your website simple, meaning your online presence can grow as your company does.
- 24/7 support: Kentico is a closed-source software. While there are some disadvantages to this — namely that you will need to pay a more significant upfront fee to access the software — the advantages include 24/7 customer support and a team of in-house engineers who are constantly working to fix bugs. If you’re not particularly tech-savvy, having access to such experts can be life-saving.
Kentico in 2022 — how does it compare?
So, the question remains — why choose Kentico in 2022?
Put simply, Kentico is the number one CMS choice for many content marketers thanks to its marketing integration options and out-of-the-box functionality. Few CMS platforms provide you with the same tools and level of support to grow your eCommerce website.
Other popular eCommerce CMS platforms include Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento. You might also choose to use a CMS platform that’s seen as more of an all-rounder, like WordPress or Drupal.
Ultimately, a team that provides professional web development services are best placed to answer whether Kentico is the right CMS platform for your business. They’ll be able to identify the size and scope of your website, functionality requirements, and design needs to offer a tailored recommendation.
Ideally, look for a web development company in Melbourne that provides Kentico development services alongside other CMS platforms. In doing so, you’ll have access to as broad a range of development software solutions as possible.
Kentico is certainly a good option in 2022 — the real question is whether it’s the right CMS platform for you.